Wednesday 29 February 2012

Less Squishy, More Fit!

So on Boxing Day I bought a DVD for $5, Jillian Michael's 30 day SHRED. This has got to be the best purchase I have ever made. I started the next morning with my sister, her two boys and my little man watching me attempt to complete this 20 minute workout (with 2 minutes warm-up and then stretching for 10 minutes, not the 2 the DVD does). I was determined to complete the 30 days. I didn't, not in one go that is. I got to day 18 and got a stinker of a head cold...so I stopped...for 9 days. 18 - 9 = 9...so I started again on day 9 and made it to day 27 before I had to start my next training plan, running.

So my latest training plan is a learn to run a 5km training plan in 9 weeks. I have signed up for a 5km in 6 weeks...so yeah, I'm on week 3 already. So my current training plan is run three days a week and Shred 3 days a week. Sunday's I get to rest (Hooray!). So I finished my 30 day SHRED by working it in with the first week of my running training.

I am now on week 3 of my Shred L3, Run, Shred L2, Run, Shred L1, Run, Rest training plan. Yes, I created it all by myself but I had gotten used to getting up at 5am to do the Shred that I thought, why not keep it up! I have done running training before and been SO sore in between my training runs but now that I'm cross training, I feel OK. Granted my legs do NOT want to do what I'm telling them to and I do have to stretch at my half way point but I'm surprising myself at how well I'm doing! Yay me!

On April 13th I am running the Free Run and it is 5km. I cannot bear to be last but there are only 1000 entries to this run...so I could be last...and this is what spurs me on.

It is now the end of February and I've been exercising consistently for 2 months now. I'm totally amazed by myself. I feel like something is missing if I've not exercised. This past Sunday I even cleaned the house I had so much more energy!

I've not lost loads of weight as I've not been eating quite so well and now I have another dietary hurdle to master (I'll post about that later!) but exercising is definitely making me feel better and I'm not quite so squishy!

I've joined My Fitness Pal which will hopefully spur me on. I want to be healthy and fit...tired of being so squishy!

2 comments:

Mama Duck said...

Well done, Evette! You are inspiring to this flabby couch potato. I need some of your motivation!!

Ronnie said...

I think it is time for you to re inspire you readers... tell us how you are doing.