Saturday 6 February 2016

Super Brief Update

So I figure I'm going to take a break from the books to give you all a little update.

In May of 2013 I completed my very first half marathon in 2:22:00 or something like that but I did great! Yay me! In August 2013 I decided I was going to go back to school and become a nurse so I started my prerequisites that September, and enrolled for the RN program in January 2014.

Early 2014 Smiley and I decided to end our marriage amicably and we have a great arrangement between us and Little Man Z seems to have adjusted well.

September 2015 I started in the RN program and it's been a tough haul but I'm working my way through my fourth semester (only 10 weeks till I finish my second year!). It is the hardest thing I have ever done but I love it...or on the worst days, I don't miss my job and that is good enough for me.

I got accepted to the New Zealand Field school for my 6 week practicum in May so that is SUPER exciting. I'm really excited about the opportunities to learn about cultural safety and to enhance my cultural competence in a health care system that includes the needs and concerns of their indigenous population. But before that can happen I am applying for scholarships like crazy...well, that and writing papers, and doing my readings, and studying for tests and being mum half the week.

Due to school being so busy and not having much time for anything else I have let my running slide and gained all of my weight back...but I have chosen to do what I can when I can and to "Live my Truth Fearlessly."

So that's it in a nutshell...best get back to the books!


No comments: