Thursday 7 March 2019

Lent Day 2 - Fasting

Ok, Day 2! So far so good. I didn't sleep as much as I would have liked but I can sleep tomorrow so it's all good! Once I realised I wasn't getting anymore sleep this morning I got up and did my scripture writing which I turned my phone onto airplane mode as I'm so distractable (SQUIRREL) and wanted to give it my full attention.

Matthew 6:16-18 - Fasting
These verses made me wonder if I should be keeping my Lent journey to myself as it says (paraphrased by me) not to show off your fasting but keep it private because it's between you and God. I decided I'm going to continue posting because I'm sharing because it makes me happy to share my faith and accountable to myself mainly. (and I miss writing all those papers!!!!) So yeah, I have a good visual of they hypocrites with ash on their face and being all mournful with their fasting though so people will notice them and think...gosh, aren't they holy?!?!?!?!?😜

I can't...continued...
So in the spirit of letting go of "I can't" I signed up for a fitness accountability group. My good friend signed up and I wanted to be a support to her and the workouts the OHM gives us are killer...but I can  just about do them so I give it my best and post my sweaty sketti selfie. Today's workout took me an hour and 15 minutes and my arms are already starting to feel super achy...should be an interesting night shift! But, I DID IT!!!! and I really thought about not doing it because it's freakin hard! So, Yay!
Sweaty Sketti Selfie
Tomorrow I will be sleeping all day so I have not scheduled a workout for myself but I will be doing my scripture writing at some point and I may or may not post. 

Today has been a busy day but I did SO much that I may have previously talked myself out of. Winning!

No comments: